A History of LCHS
•1938 Land for the school (31.78 acres) bought from C.P. Noel, Sr. for $2,000

•1940 LCHS opens, consolidating the high schools of Louisa, Mineral, and Apple Grove

•1948 8th graders begin attending LCHS

•1950 First LCHS Homecoming held

•1959 Addition built onto original building, adding a gym, cafeteria and music dept.

•1969 LCHS integrated as students from A.G. Richardson enroll in the school

•1974 Comprehensive high school renovation completed

•1995 New LCMS building opens on same campus

•2002 Connector built to unite LCHS structures 
•2011 Earthquake renders LCHS a total loss

•2012 Modular “pod” campus opens 

•2013 Groundbreaking for the new LCHS

•2015 LCHS re-opens new state-of-the-art school

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2023 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.